Ubrogepant (By mouth)
Treats migraine headaches.
UbrelvyThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to ubrogepant.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use. Do not use more than directed.
- If your headache comes back or you do not get complete relief, wait at least 2 hours before you use another dose. If you feel you need to use the medicine more than 2 times in a day, call your doctor.
- Read and follow the patient instructions that come with this medicine. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Use ubrogepant only when you have a migraine. This medicine is not used on a regular schedule.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not take this medicine together with clarithromycin, itraconazole, or ketoconazole.
- Some medicines can affect how ubrogepant works. Tell your doctor if you are also using carvedilol, ciprofloxacin, curcumin, cyclosporine, eltrombopag, fluconazole, fluvoxamine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, quinidine, rifampin, St John's wort, or verapamil.
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while you are using this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease or liver disease.
- Your doctor will check your progress and the effects of this medicine at regular visits. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry mouth
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 6/10/2021