Asthma and allergy resourcesResources - asthma and allergy
Asthma is a chronic disease that causes the airways of the lungs to swell and narrow. It leads to breathing difficulty such as wheezing, shortness o...
An allergy is an immune response or reaction to substances that are usually not harmful.
- Allergy and Asthma Network -- allergyasthmanetwork.org/
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology -- www.aaaai.org/
- American Lung Association -- www.lung.org/
- Healthy Children.org -- www.healthychildren.org/English/Pages/default.aspx
- Food Allergy Research and Education -- www.foodallergy.org/
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America -- www.aafa.org/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention -- www.cdc.gov/asthma/
- United States Environmental Protection Agency -- www.epa.gov/asthma
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases -- www.niaid.nih.gov/
- National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus -- medlineplus.gov/asthma.html
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute -- www.nhlbi.nih.gov/
Review Date: 4/9/2020
Reviewed By: Linda J. Vorvick, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine, UW Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.