Cancer - resourcesResources - cancer
The following organizations are good resources for information on cancer:
Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. Cancerous cells are also called malignant cells.
- American Cancer Society -- www.cancer.org
- American Childhood Cancer Organization -- www.acco.org
- CancerCare -- www.cancercare.org
- Cancer.Net -- www.cancer.net/coping-with-cancer/finding-support-and-information/general-cancer-groups
- National Cancer Institute -- www.cancer.gov
Review Date: 1/24/2021
Reviewed By: Jennifer K. Mannheim, ARNP, Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, Brenda Conaway, Editorial Director, and the A.D.A.M. Editorial team.